The Little Things Newsletter #252 – Life, laughter, and lots of great food!

Ohio 252

Welcome to the weekend, my friends! It’s been kind of a long week and I’m really looking forward to taking a long walk in the sunshine today. (When exactly did I become my grandmother?) No parties or fancy nights out are needed, just give me some sunshine and the chance to go for a walk. Add in a good book and I’m just plain happy.

ON THE BLOG this week: When I tell you that this Ham Fried Rice recipe is better than take-out, I’m not exaggerating. Not only is it tastier than almost any of the fried rice you can order at your local take-out place, but it’s also budget-friendly and super easy, especially if you have leftover ham in the fridge.

Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Sauce + Brownie Chunks + Creamy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream = an AWESOME way to celebrate pretty much any occasion and they add up to a fantastic batch of Caramel Swirl Brownie Chunk Ice Cream.

Crisp broccoli is combined with sweet, juicy grapes, and crunchy bits of red onion just before being tossed with a tangy, sweet balsamic dressing to make this Broccoli Grape Salad. My family loved this salad.

What I’m CRAVING: These Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers from Brenda at A Farmgirl’s Dabbles have me wanting to pull out the grill this week. My family loves shrimp and this recipe sounds delicious.

What I’m WATCHING: A Hidden Life – How far will you go for your convictions? When everyone deserts you, pressures you to fall into step with those around you – what would you do?

This is the real-life story of Franz Jägerstätter, a devout Austrian farmer who, upon being called to serve in the army, refused to pledge loyalty to Hitler, and was imprisoned and executed as a result. I probably don’t even know to tell you that this is an excellent, thought-provoking movie and I recommend watching it.

What I’m READING: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott – After reading the Anne series this year, I’ve really been enjoying re-reading more of my childhood books. We can all use more old books in our lives, right?

“The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” – Lee Iacocca

Wishing you a beautiful week full of little things that make you smile!

Mary

The post The Little Things Newsletter #252 – Life, laughter, and lots of great food! appeared first on Barefeet in the Kitchen.



from Barefeet in the Kitchen https://ift.tt/31r79zs
https://ift.tt/3cp7g54 Mary Younkin https://ift.tt/2AP3zPY

Comments